How to Enter / Official contest rules
To enter the #StudentAstronaut contest, eligible students will be asked to
“Like” Xploration Station’s Facebook page, and then they must:
Create a video of no more than 3 minutes in length and upload it directly to the Xploration Station Facebook page with the hashtag: #StudentAstronaut (please note: submission by any other video platform (e.g.: YouTube, Vimeo etc. will not be accepted). The video must answer the following questions:
- What fun demonstration would you do to illustrate the effects of a weightless environment? (Simplicity and creativity are key, e.g.: attempt to juggle) All equipment must be approved. The following restrictions apply: No glass, no power tools, no drones, no weapons or anything that could be perceived as a weapon, approved liquids must be properly contained, nothing that will make a mess on the airplane or damage the airplane in any way.
- Why do you think space exploration is important?
- Why do you think you should be selected to fly with ZERO-G and be featured on Xploration Outer Space?
The contest opens today and will close at 11:59pm PST on Sunday, May 15th, 2016. The winner will be announced on the Xploration Station Facebook page the week of May 16th, 2016.
By submitting a video to Xploration Station's Facebook Page, you give Xploration Station the right to include your video in future media and for promotional purposes.
This contest is not sponsored by Facebook.
To participate, students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be between the ages of 18-24 years old on or before Friday, June 10th, 2016
- Be in good physical health
- Be a legal resident within the fifty United States
- Be enrolled at a learning institution
Videos will be given a score out of 100 total points
- Question 1: 25/25 Points
- Question 2: 25/25 Points
- Question 3: 25/25 Points
- Social Score (Video Views/Likes/Comments + Creativity + On Camera Presence): 25/25 Points